Dire Wolf is a software "soundcard" modem/TNC and APRS encoder/decoder. It can be used stand-alone to receive APRS messages, as a digipeater, APRStt gateway, or Internet Gateway (IGate). It can also be used as a virtual TNC for other applications such as APRSISCE/32, UI-View32, Xastir, APRS-TW, YAAC, UISS, Linux AX25, SARTrack, and many others.
- Lower cost, higher performance alternative to hardware TNC.
- Ideal for building a Raspberry Pi digipeater & IGate.
- 300, 1200, and 9600 baud operation.
- Interface with applications by
- AGW network protocol
- KISS serial port
- KISS network protocol
- Decoding of received information for troubleshooting.
- Beaconing for yourself or other nearby entities.
- Very flexible digipeating with routing between dual ports.
- APRStt gateway - converts touch tone sequences to APRS objects.
- APRS Internet Gateway (IGate) with IPv6 support.
- Compatible with software defined radios (SDR) such as gqrx and rtl_fm.
- Includes separate raw packet decoder, decode_aprs.
- Runs in 2 different environments:
- Microsoft Windows XP or later
- Linux, regular PC or embedded systems such as Raspberry Pi