APRS FireNet is an Internet-based system using the APRS protocol and much of the same client software to provide fire fighting, earthquake, and weather information in much higher volume and detail than the traditional APRS-INET system is capable of carrying.
To use it: Connect your APRS client to Firenet.us:14580 which is a filtered port.
- FireNet (Page defunct?)
- Firenet info at NWAPRS
Objects injected into Firenet (there are probably others I'm forgetting):
- Fire objects including acres and percentage contained
- Quake objects down to magnitude 0.1
- River gauges
- METAR weather stations
- CMAN weather stations (ships)
- Ocean Buoy weather stations
- Colorado ALERT weather stations
- Colorado ALERT Gages
- Schoolnet weather stations
- RAWS weather stations
- MesoWest firenet objects
- Mesonet West Texas
- National Threat Alert Level
- Steam Train objects (UP844 or UP3985)
- AMBER alerts
- Winlink nodes
The Quake objects on Firenet attempt to follow the format originally created by Richard Parry, W9IF, for QuakeAPRS. Thanks go to Richard for pioneering this concept and for generating quake objects on APRS-IS for many years.