KAM-XL -- All-Mode Wireless Modem.
The Kantronics original KAM (Kantronics All Mode) was a global revolution in digital communication. In Kantronics tradition, the KAM Plus evolved through customer suggestions and years of operating experience, making the Kantronics KAM Plus the most popular TNC on the global market. The KAM XL, Kantronics third generation multi-modem TNC is a state-of-the-art design giving the customer operations on both HF and UHF/VHF, while supporting DSP modems and popular new modes of operation.
Kantronics KAM-XL was designed to operate in many different applications as the digital world continues to change. Engineered for years of dependable performance, the KAM-XL also includes room for new modes and upgrades well into the future. Kantronics, the pioneer in digital communications, now offers you 30 years engineering experience in the Kantronics KAM-XL.
Operating modes and functions include:
- Packet (300, 1200 or 9600 bps)
- PACTOR 1
- AMTOR (ARQ, FEC, SELFEC, CCIR 476 & 625)
- NAVTEX / AMTEX
- Dual Port Mailbox
- GPS NMEA-0183 compatible
- REMOTE CONTROL
- REMOTE SYSOP ACCESS
- Kantronics HOST Mode
- Location Tracking/Announcement: With a GPS connected to the KAM-XL, you can automatically announce your position to others via HF, UHF, or VHF. Kantronics KAM-XL is engineered to work with APRS® software and supports advanced UI frame digipeating functions
- HF and/or VHF/UHF Operations: With dual radio ports, the flexible Kantronics KAM-XL can be used on HF, UHF and VHF bands. The popular Kantronics KAM "gateway" feature between ports 1 and 2 allows for a local packet to be received on VHF or UHF bands, then transmitted over an HF band.
- Large capacity Internal Mailbox: 480K personal mailbox is standard. The KAM-XL mailbox can respond to HF on TOR modes, as well as packet modes.
- Versatile Operations: The Kantronics KAM-XL may be used at your base, in the field, or as a mobile. Designed for flexibility, the KAM-XL will function with mobile, base, or hand-held radios.
- Detailed Manual: The KAM-XL manual is included on CD-ROM, and is available here in PDF form (1111k).
- Made in the USA: Limited one year warranty to original purchaser