Kantronics KPC-3+ -- Packet Communicator
Kantronics KPC-3+ is engineered for dependable and versatile digital communications. This unit reflects many years of Kantronics experience and is built with an eye toward emerging applications. The KPC-3+ can fill a variety of roles. In use around the world, Kantronics Packet Communicators set the standard by which others are measured!
As a single-port radio modem/TNC compatible with the characteristics of UHF/VHF transmission bands, the KPC-3+ can be paired with a UHF/VHF radio to serve the following functions and applications:
"Keyboard to keyboard" communications
- Personal Mail Box
- Local area node
- Remote control devices
- Remote access of telemetry
- Network node operation (requires optional K-Net™ firmware)
- BBS operations and message forwarding
- GPS position transmitting and tracking (requires external GPS receiver with NMEA-0183 data output)
- Data storage and retrieval
- EMWIN Weather Information (additional software required)
You can carry a KPC-3+ into the field with a radio to form a mobile data terminal, or (with the addition of an external GPS receiver) a GPS mobile "tracker". Its flexible power requirements (6 ~ 25 Vdc) allow for maximum versatility. You can achieve many hours of use by installing a 9 volt battery inside the KPC-3+. Battery life can be extended by disabling the LED displays through a simple keyboard command.