(→Identifying APRS Software Version)
(APXxxx is almost exclusively Xastir now, and xxx stands for the version number x.x.x)
|Line 60:||Line 60:|
Revision as of 09:29, 12 May 2008
If you are sending a packet that can't include the normal icon code embedded in the lat/lon position (/$), you can add one of these special beacon-style ToCalls to the address string of your packet.
Both nn and xy are placeholders to the APRS Symbol Table, while z is a placeholder for an optional symbol overlay.
Identifying APRS Software Version
If you want to include the name and version of the software being used, you can add one of these ToCalls to the destination address, replacing the xx or xxx with the software version number.
This table is from the APRS 1.01 specification:
|APCxxx||APRS/CE, Windows CE|
|APDxxx||Linux aprsd server|
|APIxxx||Icom radios (future)|
|APRS||older versions of APRSdos|
|APRSM||older versions of MacAPRS|
|APRSW||older versions of WinAPRS|
|APXxxx||Xastir version x.x.x (historically also X-APRS)|
|APYxxx||Yaesu radios (future)|
Other strings which have been heard on the air, but are not documented, include:
Generic Beacon-Style ToCalls
- AIR* †
- ALL* To All stations.
- CQ* Calling CQ
- GPS Specifically intended for use by trackers sending lat/long positions via digipeaters which have the capability of converting positions to compressed data format.
- GPS* For specifying a symbol when unable to do so in the position report (e.g. NMEA strings)
- DF* Direction Finding Report.
- DGPS* Used by differential GPS correction stations. Most software will not make use of packets using this address, other than to pass them on to an attached GPS unit.
- DRILL* Training Drill or Exercise
- DX* DX Spot
- MICE* Mic-E Report
- QST* News Announcement
- RTCM* Used by differential GPS correction stations. Most software will not make use of packets using this address, other than to pass them on to an attached GPS unit.
- SKY* Used for SkyWarn stations.
- SPC* For specifying a Special Event Station symbol
- SYM* For specifying a symbol, but reserved for future use
- TEL* Telemetry station.
- TLM* Telemetry station.
- ZIP* †
The asterisk is a wildcard, allowing the address to be extended (up to a total of 6 alphanumeric characters). † The AIR* and ZIP* addresses are deprecated.
These addresses are copied by everyone. All APRS software must accept packets with these destination addresses. The address GPS (i.e. the 3-letter address GPS,